25.4.10

Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy



Mr. Darcy: Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.
Elizabeth Bennet: And what about Mr.Wickham?
Mr. Darcy: Mr.Wickham?
Elizabeth Bennet: What excuse can you give for your behavior toward him? He told of his misfortunes and yet you treat him with sarcasm.
Mr. Darcy: So this is your opinon of me? Thank you. Perhaps these offences might have been had your pride not been hurt by scruples about our relationship. Am to rejoice in the inferiority of your recent circumstances?
Elizabeth Bennet: And those are the words of a gentleman? From the moment I met you your aroggance and conceit and your selfish disdain for the feelings of other made me realize that you are the last man in the world I could ever be prevailed upon to marry.

No hay comentarios: